Monday, July 9, 2012

Pho and a double decker restaurant

Homemade Pho
 After a morning bowl of Pho made by my Tai's mother (I will write another posting about this wonderful cook so stay tuned) which was a lighter broth with more hints of the aromatic Vietnamese cinnamon than I have had before. 
Pork 
 We rolled around this city playing a cat and mouse game with the ever present rain storms that are common this time of year.  Lunch consisted of two soups and small anchovy-like fish cooked in clay pot with fish sauce, sugar and a bit of soy.  The jet lag had caught up to me by this time and I just went and passed out. 
After an extended nap I woke up and went with Tai to the neighborhood double decker restaurant.  A restaurant as you can see from this photos that makes some pretty food.  I had to order some Gio Cio  and let Tai order the rest. 




He, of course, orders more fun and exotic stuff to bring to the table.  So we got some frogs legs deep fried and some pork ribs.  This food is really salty to encourage you to drink.  While we were eating I look to our left and see that a table had ordered some fish dish.  Of course I had to go over and see what it was and this photo as you can see is a great example of the immense beauty the Vietnamese bring to their food.  These ain't photoshopped colors.   They were popping before I even took a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment