Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia


After four days gorging in Penang I took a 7 hour bus ride to KL.  I arrived at the central terminal in monsoon like rains.  With my shoes squishing I found a hostel close, in the Chinese area where there is a concentration of cheap lodging.  After changing I went out to eat early so that I could wake up early to go to the Chinese Embassy for a visa for another leg of my trip.  I did not know that I was arriving just as two very holy days one Muslim and the other Hindu.  This country must get a lot of days off for these festivals.  I discovered that I would be in Malaysia much longer than I expected much to my chagrin, I really did not like KL this city is big and modern and soulless, very little of the old seems to exist.  After eating some good food, and finding the best Satay I've ever had.  I headed to the Cameron Highlands, a famed region for tea, and as i discovered incredible scenery.  I think this should be on peoples list of places to go.  Again look at the captions to learn more.  


Impressive Towers, with lots of high end shopping.


I exchanged a photo for a photo

I think the best Indian food on the trip, all vegetarian and really spicy and clean.  The dishes to the left were really deep with curry, and the vegetables on the top right were sweet, so much flavor and texture, plus endless flat bread.

Clay pot chicken cooked at really high temps with Chinese sausage and soy, really good and.



Visited a nice temple in the city, and met some nice tourists also walking up the many steeps to the cave. 






Egg noodles with a lot of  chili but really mild chilis
the best satay, from a Halal vender, those are chicken and Lamb.


The Cameron Highlands, a great place for hiking and fresh air, i need more of that more often.







Tea fields 





No comments:

Post a Comment