Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wanderlust






As I child I grew up with the stories of my great grandfather Phil B.  He was born in Rockford, Illinois and at the first opportunity left.  He found a way to pay for his travels as a journalist similar to me with my English teaching.  Here are two photos of him from his travels around the turn of the century.  I now understand why my wanderlust comes so naturally.  I am carrying on his legacy with my own adventures to Southeast Asia.  His story is an inspiration to me to learn and report on what I see on my own travels in the region.  Phil B was a journalist for over twenty years covering many of the wars at the time in the Philippines and China.  I hope to use my travels to document street food rather than war and show the world yet another side of Asia just like my great great grandfather did. 





No comments:

Post a Comment